From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: chance@×××××××××.org, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: x11@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6 stable for sparc?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:09:33
1 On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 01:03 -0500, Chance Platt wrote:
2 > Initially I thought this worked great, but I've run into a snag.
3 >
4 > Leaving my xorg.conf configured like it was initially (-r4, kernel 2.4),
5 > I can't seem to VT-switch away from X. The ability to switch is, as far
6 > as I can tell, simply gone.
7 >
8 > Unless there's something that should have changed in xorg.conf in
9 > regards to the keyboard driver with the new -r6 version, I'm stumped as
10 > to what happened here.
11 >
12 Not that I know of, and this seems to be the case for me, too. Please
13 file a bug to this effect, assign it to x11@g.o, and please put
14 me on the CC: list.
17 > FWIW, this is on an SMP U60, type 5 serial keyboard.
18 >
19 > chance
22 > Ferris McCormick wrote:
23 >
24 > >Are there reasons why this release should not go stable for sparc? I
25 > >don't see any problems reported against it, and I haven't heard of any
26 > >sparc problems with it (although, of course, it might be that no one but
27 > >me is running it anywhere).
28 > >
29 > >There is no urgency except for bookkeeping reasons, but this release
30 > >does end once and for all the confusion about what keyboard driver to
31 > >use for sparc, requires no hand patching to fix up sunffb, and so on.
32 > >If it's working for everyone, it's a bit cleaner for us to standardize
33 > >on -r6 instead of -r4, we can bury for good a couple bugs, and so on.
34 > >
35 > >Comments, complaints, problems actively solicited.
36 > >Regards,
37 > >Ferris
42 Regards,
43 Ferris
44 --
45 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
46 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel)