From: Chance Platt <chance2105@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] USB keyboard and mouse doesn't work?
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:19:19
Using a 2.4 series kernel, it is not possible to use a USB keyboard on
serial-keyboard sparc as the system keyboard.  Everything will seem to work
(dmesg, event* nodes) but it just won't take the place of the system

The easiest solution is to use a 2.6 series kernel.

On 12/11/06, 张|武 <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
> > Hello. My Gentoo Linux runs on UltraSparc U5 can detect and recognise > USB Mouse, and can create correct /dev/input/event0 device. Everything > look fine except that the keyboard doesn't work. Press any key no > response, press Number Lock would not turn on the number lock LED. > > I have to use USB Keyboard because the original Sun keyboard is broken > and it's hard to find a replacement in China. USB Keyboard is plugged on > PCI USB card. > > What I have tried to solve this: > I. disable CONFIG_PROM_CONSOLE and enable all ATI framebuffer > drivers (My Card is ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP) => > same result; > II. Replace USB Keyboard with different brand and different model => > same result; > > sappho linux # uname -a > Linux 2.4.32-sparc-r2 #3 Sat Sep 16 09:16:01 HKT 2006 > sparc64 sun4u TI UltraSparc IIi (Sabre) GNU/Linux > > Has anyone get their USB Keyboard working? > -- > 锐业软服(国内业务) > Real SoftService > 销售咨询(Sales Department): 0086 592 20 99987 (Chinese, German, > English) > 国际业务(International Sales): 0086 10 8460 6011 (German and English) > 联系:厦门大学科技园,嘉庚二号楼6楼 > 邮政:厦门大学2312号信箱(邮编361005) > > >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] USB keyboard and mouse doesn't work? Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>