From: Mike Owen <kyphros@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Missing Keyword
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:29:31
1 On 2/23/06, Nick Smith <nick.smith79@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Add them to your overlay, and add the sparc keyword that way. If it
4 > > works, file a bug stating that package foo works on sparc.
5 > >
6 > > Mike
7 > >
8 > > --
9 > > gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list
12 > ok cool, how does one add something to his overlay?
13 >
14 > --
15
16 The overlay is used for user-controlled portage trees. By default,
17 there is no overlay defined, you'll need to uncomment PORTDIR_OVERLAY
18 in /etc/make.conf.
19
20 Make the directory, which the commented default is /usr/local/portage
21
22 You need to make the directory structure in the overlay so it's just
23 like in the standard portage directory. If you want to add virtual/foo
24 to your overlay in /usr/local/portage, you'd make the directory
25 /usr/local/portage/virtual.
26
27 Then, I do the easy way, which is 'cp -a /usr/portage/virtual/foo
28 /usr/local/portage/virtual'. This copies the full directory tree of
29 foo to the overlay.
30
31 Then, edit the ebuild you want to add a new keyword to. If I wanted to
32 add the sparc keyword to foo-1.0, I'd edit that ebuild, and then add
33 'sparc' to the KEYWORDS="" section.
34
35 After you've added the keyword, do 'ebuild foo-1.0.ebuild digest' to
36 update the digest with the updated ebuild.
37
38 You can now go ahead and emerge that version of the package.
39
40 HTH,
41 Mike
44 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list