From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] mirrored root silo problems
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:54:40
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:44:48 -0400
"David F. Newman" <dnewman@×××××.com> wrote:

> Here is my silo.conf > > partition=1 > timeout=150 > append="md=0,/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1" > root=/dev/md0 > image=/boot/image > label=Gentoo > read-only > > I should point out that I have also tried root=/dev/sda1. Also I do not > have a separate /boot partition.
It's been a while since I've played with this, but if I recall correctly, you will need a partition that isn't part of the raid. In particular, the second.b file will need to live there as well as your silo.conf as SILO cannot comprehend RAID setups at that stage of it's loading. -- Jason Wever Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] mirrored root silo problems "David F. Newman" <dnewman@×××××.com>