From: Nic le Roux <nicl@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:51:39
1 Good Moring,
2
3 I've been tasked to gather some info on Using a Sparc 450 for setting up
4 network monitoring tools.
5 These will include Nagios, MRTG, RRDtool, Ntop and Apache as the web
6 front-end.
7
8 Has anyone here used these packages with success on Gentoo ?
9 I'm a Mandrake user and have no experience with Sparc machines.
10 I unfortunately also do not have a Machine to test with.
11
12 Is there any Major hiccups that I can encounter ?
13
14 The biggest worry that I have is I need to connect a GSM modem to the
15 machine via serial port in order to send sms's
18 Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated,
21 Thanks and Regards
22 Nic
25 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list