From: harald <ba0547@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Booting Sun ultra sparc 60 with "own" kernel.
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:16:50

try to boot my sun ultra sparc 60 machine with my self compiled version
of kernel 2.6.17. found several instructions in gentoo documentation.
mean that i have all done as described. linux boots from
device /dev/sda3 (which has not sun type 5) using silo boot manager. Don
´t know if the wrong partition type is the problem. solaris won´t boot
without this partition type. copied kernel from install cd to my boot
partition /dev/sda3/ /boot directory and system starts but network
device don´t work and keyboard seems to have wrong layout. when i try to
start my own kernel system seems to hang after a vew minutes. no error
messages or warnings. only power off helps, key "stop-a" has no effect.