From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] what ultrasparc compare likely such Pentium box on desktop performance
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:34:43
1 Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 > Hello. After I get an old U5 box, I decide to replace my desktop
3 > computer with another UltraSparc. My desktop computer is Pentium 1G /
4 > 256MB memory / ATA100 IDE box.
5 >
6 > What UltraSparc (with how many of what CPU) has similiar average desktop
7 > performance as my Pentium box? I usually only browsing around, use
8 > openoffice and gimp a little, vim as editor and doesn't use huge IDE
9 > like eclipse. What's your suggestion?
10
11 This is just a guess, but an Ultra 2 with dual 300s or 400s is probably going to
12 be pretty close in performance.
15 Andrew Gaffney
16 Gentoo Linux Developer
17 Installer Project