From: Jim Watson <jim@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] OpenOffice 2.3.0 on SPARC
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:12:26
Jim Watson wrote:
> Alex Buell wrote: >> -L/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.3.0/work/ooo/build/OOG680_m5/solenv/unxlngs/lib >> >> > That tells the version of source code is OOG680_m5 > >> cd ../../ && regcomp -register -r pyuno_services.tmp -c >> -c -c -c >> -c -c -c >> /bin/bash: line 1: 29606 Segmentation fault >> > > That is the relevant part of the log. Next step is search the > issues for some issue containing those words "pyuno" > "regcomp" "segmentation" "fault" . I will have a look on the weekend > and start a sparc build of that source version here ... takes a few days. > > jim
pyuno builds Ok here with the upstream sources on sparc. I think gentoo use the ooobuild system? This uses patches to the upstream sources. Searching at OOo and debian suggests this might be relevant: Have you got that patch applied: ooo80816.selinux.bridges if so, remove the patch and rebuild and deliver module bridges. then try pyuno again this is how to rebuild a module upstream - hopefully it works for you: $ cd /var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.3.0/work/ooo/build/OOG680_m5 $ source $ cd bridges $ rm -rf $ build $ deliver $ cd ../pyuno $ rm -rf $ build $ deliver Now restart the build. there should not be any need to clean. Plan B: If it fails without that patch, try and get a backtrace in pyuno Source the environment as above and copy the failed commands Except use regcomp.bin in place of regcomp $ cd pyuno $ cd $ gdb --args regcomp.bin -register -r pyuno_services.tmp -c \ -c -c -c \ -c -c -c \ jim -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list