From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] qfe (hme?) link bug ?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:55:45
1 I've been trying to figure out what the inconsistancy is in the
2 sparc ethernet model with relation to link up/down for hotplug events.
3
4 My qfe interface defaults at boot to "autoneg on", and 100/full
5 as verified with ethtool.
6
7 if I unplug the cable, I should see a NETLINK event that the interface
8 is down, so that hotplug/netplug can take action.
9
10 This does not seem to happen.
11 What does seem to happen is that the interface resets itself into
12 10/half, and the link-detect stays active.
13
14 if I 'touch' the interface with ethtool in set mode, say,
15 "ethtool -s eth2 autoneg on" -- which is the current setting anyway --
16 the interface finally shows link down, and I see kernel messages
17 from the driver stating this.
18
19 This would seem to be a bug in the re-negotiation code. Link-detect
20 should be 'no' until we've successfully renegotiated a carrier,
21 especially if we've suddenly changed speed/duplex.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature