From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] OT: From gentoo to Solaris
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 23:40:37
gentuxx wrote:
> I'm running into an issue where the installer doesn't recognize the > drive layout of the "big" drive I have in there now. Is there a way > with the gentoo-sparc InstallCD that I can reset the CHS settings in the > partition map to something the (uber-picky) Solaris install script would > recognize?
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1 Running that from the Gentoo CD will clear off the disklabel created by fdisk. Then the Solaris installer can choose whatever settings it wants for the drive. -- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus" -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] OT: From gentoo to Solaris gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-sparc] OT: From gentoo to Solaris Hamish Greig <hgreig@×××××××××××.au>