From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] TCP connect() times out
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:42:27
1 On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Andrew Ruef wrote:
2
3 > I had a similar problem on 2.4, I was unable to initiate any TCP
4 > connections from the local host to the local host... never figured
5 > out what it was (upgraded to 2.6).
6
7 TCP over loopback works fine. TCP to LAN hosts works fine. UDP and
8 ICMP to any hosts works fine. Inbound TCP from anywhere works fine.
9
10 It's only routed (non-LAN) outbound TCP that's the problem -- and only
11 from the problem host; all my other machines on the same LAN are still
12 in good shape.
13
14 I ran tcpdump on the problem host and saw only SYNs being sent. I ran
15 tcpdump on the target host and never saw the inbound packets.
16
17 There are no iptables rules; it's ACCEPT across the board.
18
19 Ordinarily, I'd look for routing problems, but routing would also
20 affect UDP and ICMP, right?
21
22 -- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
23 --