From: "David S. Miller" <davem@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o, heinlein@××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] SOLVED: TCP connect() times out
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:52:31
1 From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
2 Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
3
4 > On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, David S. Miller wrote:
5 >
6 > > You should inform the person running the firewall in between your
7 > > two systems to get their stuff fixed. Silently dropping packets
8 > > with the TCP ECN bits set is illegal.
9 >
10 > OK. I'll bite. Can you provide me a pointer that spells out the
11 > legal[1] ramifications of dropping ECN bits?
12 >
13 > -- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
14 >
15 > [1] Legal in the sense of criminal or civil code, not in the sense of
16 > RFC 3360.
17
18 I didn't mean it was illegal in the sense of criminal or
19 civil code. I can't believe that in a technical discussion
20 you would intepret illegal in that way, that's just silly.
21 --
22 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list