From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:54:05
On 7/27/05 7:36 AM, Philip Leonard wrote:

> I'm certainly jealous. My E4500 will only run a couple of days before > it hangs requiring a reboot. Sometimes it will still respond to pings > but that's all. Never any console messages, just a hung box. On my > uniprocessor sparc's (U5 and U30) is is very stable but not on the E4500 > with 8 CPU's. It is running Gentoo with a 2.4 kernel (2.4.31 at the > moment).
I've got a UP box (Blade 100), so I can't speak for SMP. Bummer about your E4500. Noise and power consumption aside, I'd love to have one. :-) I had the same "hangs without a trace" issue when I tried the 2.6 kernels. Sometimes the box would run for a couple weeks, sometimes just a day or two. The end result, however, was always a mysterious hang. -- Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@××××××.com <> -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation Philip Leonard <leolists@××××××.com>