From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: OUATTARA Karim <kouatt@×××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Re: Binaires solaris 10 sur Gentoo/SPARC
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:23:41
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, OUATTARA Karim wrote:
5
6 > Bonjour tous,
7 >
8 > serait-il possible d'exécuter des binaires solaris 10
9 > sur Gentoo/SPARC.
10 > exemple: exécuter Oracle Intantclient pour solaris
11 > SPARC sur Gentoo/SPARC
14 > Merci d'avance
18 Apologies for responding in English.
19
20 In theory, there is a way to do it, but in practice, probably not. Here
21 is one way to set it up to try, but success is unlikely, and if you do
22 this you are in unknown territory. (Although I seem to recall that
23 someone has tried this within the last year or so; I do not recall the
24 outcome.)
25
26 When you build a kernel, in the .config file, specify
27 CONFIG_SOLARIS_EMUL=m
28
29 Unfortunately, that is the easy part. Next, you have to get the emulation
30 package and install it; e.g., here is a copy of it:
31 http://dev.gentoo.org/~fmccor/files/solemul-1.1.tar.gz
32
33 When you unpack it, you will see that it is just a directory tree and some
34 instructions to populate it from a Solaris distribution (mostly you have
35 to copy the Solaris libraries into your Linux system). There are a few
36 other things to take care of, I believe, but it's been a while since I've
37 looked at it.
38
39 In principle, now you can run Solaris binaries, and I was able to run one
40 or two once. But the documentation in the package indicates several
41 features do not work, such as threads.
42
43 So the real answer to your question is probably not.
44
45 Sorry for the bad news.
46 ======
47
48 Notice that I have changed the mailing address from "sparc@g.o" to
49 "gentoo-sparc@g.o", which is a better group for this sort of
50 question. "sparc@g.o" is mostly internal and reaches perhaps 20 or
51 30 people. gentoo-sparc@g.o reaches several hundred, and one of
52 them might know something definite.
58 > ___________________________________________________________________________
59 > Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
60 > Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences.
61 > http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
65 Good luck and please let us know how it goes,
66 Regards,
67 Ferris
68
69 - --
70 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
71 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)