From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] wired kbd problem on ultra 5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:45:07

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> Okay, I already spend 2 hours on this tiny problem. A wast of time. I could > not manage to get the keyboard (comes with Ultra5) working correctly on Xorg. > > The closest configuration to working is (from /etc/X11/xorg.conf) > Section "InputDevice" > Identifier "Keyboard0" > Option "XkbModel" "sun" > Option "XkbRules" "sun" > Option "XkbLayout" "sun/us" > Driver "kbd"
Assuming kernel-2.4.xx (more likely case), you need to use the Driver "keyboard" Assuming kernel-2.6.xx, you need Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
> EndSection > > In this configuration, these keys does not work: > j,k,l,;,',z,x,c,v,b,n,m,,,.,/ > (separate by comma) > Also Enter and Shifts does not work (pressed is like not pressed, nothing > happens) > > The other keys are working. However, on console all the keys are working > correctly.
I am surprised you do not also see a-key --> s, and so on.
> > I googled around without luck: people never mention this kind of problem that > keyboard works partially. Anyone give me a hint? >
There is some information about this you can look at: There is a bug on this: The Gentoo Sparc forum has a discussion of this if you look hard enough. Also, if you poke around at you can find some information.