From: "David F. Newman" <dnewman@×××××.com>
To: James Holden <james-dated-1096049490.3946cc@×××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Sun mouse + not working
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:21:06
On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 14:10, James Holden wrote:
> Hi all, > > This is a dumb question, be warned. > > I've just upgraded my U5 to 6.8.0, and my mouse isn't working. > It's an ordinary Sun mouse connected to a Type 5c keyboard. > > The X server loads, but the pointer jumps all over the place when I move > the mouse. > > I've fiddled with the protocol setting in the config file, but no > luck. It worked fine with XFree.
This works for me. Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Mouse0" Driver "mouse" Option "Protocol" "Busmouse" Option "Device" "/dev/misc/sunmouse" EndSection And just in case you ask about the keyboard next I use this Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Keyboard0" Driver "Keyboard" Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30" Option "XkbRules" "sun" Option "XkbModel" "type5" Option "XkbLayout" "us" EndSection

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] Sun mouse + not working James Holden <gentoo@×××××××××××.net>