From: Klaus Wagner <klaus@××××××××××.net>
To: Norman Warthmann <norman@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Problems with xine and/or mplayer
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:26:33
1 On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 05:00:35PM +0200, Norman Warthmann wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > I have problems getting to watch videos on my ultra 10 creator 3 d and I was
5 > wondering if somebody can give me a hint.
6
7 i have experienced the same problems,
8 lot's of color corruption when playing
9 several avi sounds, sound should work
10 well (normally). the reason for the occasional sound could be slow cpu
11 performance.
12
13 what i have found out is, that same happens when using the sdl library
14 for displaying graphics. There seems to be a broken code, when it comes
15 to bitmasking for the different colors, (example: 16 bit color mode
16 would give you 2 times 5 bits for blue and red and 6 bits for green,
17 when a color uses 7 bits, an overflow would occure producing strange effects)
18
19 anyhow i don't know who to blame (kernel, X - i am using still Xfree 4.3, or
20 the mplayer/sdl output layer)
21
22 btw. the conversion from one codec to another work good (avi to mpeg) so
23 i don't believe that the problem is codec dependent.
24
25 regards klaus
28 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list