From: Chance Platt <chance@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: x11@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6 stable for sparc?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:04:22
1 Initially I thought this worked great, but I've run into a snag.
2
3 Leaving my xorg.conf configured like it was initially (-r4, kernel 2.4),
4 I can't seem to VT-switch away from X. The ability to switch is, as far
5 as I can tell, simply gone.
6
7 Unless there's something that should have changed in xorg.conf in
8 regards to the keyboard driver with the new -r6 version, I'm stumped as
9 to what happened here.
10
11 FWIW, this is on an SMP U60, type 5 serial keyboard.
12
13 chance
16 Ferris McCormick wrote:
17
18 >Are there reasons why this release should not go stable for sparc? I
19 >don't see any problems reported against it, and I haven't heard of any
20 >sparc problems with it (although, of course, it might be that no one but
21 >me is running it anywhere).
22 >
23 >There is no urgency except for bookkeeping reasons, but this release
24 >does end once and for all the confusion about what keyboard driver to
25 >use for sparc, requires no hand patching to fix up sunffb, and so on.
26 >If it's working for everyone, it's a bit cleaner for us to standardize
27 >on -r6 instead of -r4, we can bury for good a couple bugs, and so on.
28 >
29 >Comments, complaints, problems actively solicited.
30 >Regards,
31 >Ferris
36 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list