From: "Fabian Hänsel" <fabtagon@×××.de>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Booting Sun ultra sparc 60 with "own" kernel.
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:39:30

"make menuconfig" means to go to the kernel src directory
(/usr/src/linux) and execute that command there. It'll give you a
graphical (well pseudo-graphical like mc) frontend to configure your
kernel to be built.

> If i would be > able to see all the configs on the original cd-image, that would > help...
Try the following (I atm have no Live-CD in range): Boot your box with the livecd and $ cat /proc/config > myfile or $ zcat /proc/config.gz > myfile and copy myfile to /usr/src/linux/.config . Thereafter your kernel source tree will have exactly the same config as the livecd one has. Though you still have to configure your system accordingly. Greetings Fabian -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list