From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Gentoo Sparc <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] [Fwd: Icedtea for Linux_sparc (was Re: [Aurora-sparc-user] Linux vs. Solaris)]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:56:53
Perhaps of interest.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa@××××××.com>
To: floess@××××××××××.com
Cc: Aurora user discussion <aurora-sparc-user@×××××××××××××××××.org>,
sparclinux <sparclinux@×××××××××××.org>
Subject: Icedtea for Linux_sparc (was Re: [Aurora-sparc-user] Linux vs.
Date: 	Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:46:22 -0500

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 10:12 -0500, Scot P. Floess wrote:
> Not sure as icedtea took care of whatever downloads it required... > The only requirement I saw was the latest RH gcj with generics > extension... When I installed this under Fedora 7 - its just > downloaded and built everything it needed.
I looked into this, and there is definitely missing code. Everything in openjdk/hotspot/src/os_cpu/linux_sparc/vm/* would need to be written. I don't know SPARC asm, so I can't do this work. (CCing sparclinux@vger, in the hopes that someone there might be interested in writing this code) ~spot - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in the body of a message to majordomo@×××××××××××.org More majordomo info at -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)