From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Problem booting SPARC64 installcd on Blade2500systems
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:45:43
Max wrote:
> I am basing this diagnosis on the fact that I can boot any > kernel before version 2.6.14, which was when this change was > merged, with all more recent kernels (up to > git-sources-2.6.19_rc1-r3) failing with similar but random > error messages. Whilst there were other changes which could > have caused this issue it seems like more than a coincidence > to me that this problem appeared in the same version as a > re-write of the SPARC64 boot-up sequence.
I've had this same problem on my Ultra 2 for most of the newer vanilla kernels, however 2.6.18-gentoo-1 at least works for me. One thing I did do differently between the -vanilla and -gentoo source configs was to completely disable all kernel debugging in the -gentoo build. -Leif

File name MIME type
smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature