From: "Kurt V. Hindenburg" <ml@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Modular xorg-x11 drivers
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:01:10
1 On Friday 17 March 2006 07:46, Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 | OK. cg6 wants depth=8. And please take sunffb or other drivers out of
3 | your xorg.conf file. You really don't want to load them. cg6 does
4 | require the cfb modules, so leave them. With that, cg6 is not hard to
5 | configure, because if I recall correctly, it ignores most options except
6 | for dpms. If you still have problems, please provide some further
7 | details: What system are you on, what is your monitor, etc. I know
8 | that cg6 works with xorg-6.8.2, but I haven't checked it for X-modular
9 | (xorg-x11-7.0-rxx).
10 Hmm, well testing this is getting hairy... it locks up my system and I have to
11 turn it off... then manually fsck... not nice... in no way should X every
12 lock up the entire system...
13 Perhaps my kernel is not setup correct?!?
14 I tested changing some things in the xorg.conf, but nothing changed.
15
16 I'm open to suggestions... esp how to test this w/o locking up my system.
17
18 Kurt

xorg.conf.new text/plain