From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: 'Jeremy Huddleston ' <eradicator@g.o>, 'Ciaran McCreesh ' <ciaranm@g.o>
Cc: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>, "' '" <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] ALSA support on sparc
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:47:40
Jeremy Huddleston continues:
>On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 20:52 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote: >> You're not the only person to report that, but the g-d-s maintainers >> don't believe us since they're supposedly not touching the keyboard >> stuff... > >Can you try d-s-2.6.7 to see if your keyboard works there? I'm helping >dsd with g-d-s now for sparc related goodies, and I want to squash these >annoying bugs, but unfortunately, I can't reproduce the keyboard bug... >so if you could verify that it works in d-s-2.6.7, that will be a start >to know whether or not it's from one of the gentoo patches...
Sure. I'll give it a download and see what happens. Fortunately my WinXP workstation here at the office is about to blow up, so while I'm re-installing that, I can play on my sparc some more. Bad news on v2.6.9 -- didn't even boot. Heck, didn't look like it even initialized the CPUs. And there's way too much involved in backporting the serio stuff. At least for me. I'm only LKH--, in geek code. Leif -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list