From: freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel and docs
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:25:15
> --- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --- > Von: "David S. Miller" <davem@××××××.com> > An: squash@g.o > Kopie: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o > Betreff: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel and docs > Datum: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:36:21 -0400 (EDT) > > From: Josh Grebe <squash@g.o> > Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:32:26 -0500 > > > 2.6.5 is the first kernel that compiles for sparc64, and it > > exhibits the same issue (I just tried starting from 2.6.1 > > and worked my way up). > > If you can work out the build failure in 2.6.1, it ought to > be incredibly easy to fix, can you try getting it to build > properly? Send me whatever error messages you get if you > get stumped, and if it's matter of simply turning off a > kernel config option that you don't need in order to avoid > trying to build the uncompilable code in 2.6.1 just do that > instead. > > We really need to figure out when and where this got introduced. > I'm just stabbing in the dark otherwise. We can go back into > the 2.5.x kernels and do a binary search as well if necessary. > I'll try to help with that. > > Thanks. > -- > gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list >
I want to run the file on my own machines, but I am wondering what permanent damage it would do to the systems involved? AFAIK no system files are affected by the copy action etc, but is this true? I have two machines running 2.6.6, a Ultra 1 and a Netra T1. Since a while the Ultra 1 has a 100MBit link and transferring quite large amounts of FTP data hasn't crashed the system yet. It runs perfectly. Anyway, if I can hook up my Netra T1 tonight I will run the file. Regards, Tom -- Weitersagen: GMX DSL-Flatrates mit Tempo-Garantie! Ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel and docs Gustavo Zacarias <gustavoz@g.o>