From: Nic le Roux <nicl@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:22:35
1 > > It, will however be a requirement to put the modem on the E450.
2 > > Because of the way Nagios generates the sms's and as a
3 > > means of removing
4 > > another point of failure I have to put it on the E450.
5 > > Guaranteeing the delivery of the sms is of utmost importance.
6 > > Is there complications in getting it set up on the Sparc
7 > > machine itself ?
10 > I shouldn't think so. I've used serial applications on SPARC
11 > Linux in the
12 > past without issue. Can't imagine the modem would be much harder.
13 >
14 > > Are there changes in the Apache config made as a
15 > > requirement of it being on
16 > > the E450 ?
17 >
18 > No. Apache is Apache is Apache. The hardware platform is irrelevant.
19 >
20 > > Something in the list that I left out was postfix, using a
21 > > smarthost on the
22 > > network to deliver mail.
25 > I've used Postfix on SPARC Linux. In fact, it's installed on
26 > my machine,
27 > though I don't use it much with my current setup.
28 >
29 > > On that note is the Sparc distribution very stable ?
32 > I run ~sparc without problems on three different machines.
33 >
34 > Ric
35
36 Thanks Ric,
37
38 That Pretty much does it.
39 Will start the adventure tomorrow.
40 Thanks again to all, though I'm sure this wont be the last you hear of me
41 :-)
42
43 Regards
44 Nic