From: freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel and docs
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:52:34
1 > --- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ---
2 > Von: Gustavo Zacarias <gustavoz@g.o>
3 > An: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
4 > Betreff: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel and docs
5 > Datum: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:05:33 -0300
6 >
7 > freshy98 wrote:
8 >
9 > > I want to run the crash-me.sh file on my own machines, but I am
10 > wondering
11 > > what permanent damage it would do to the systems involved?
12 > > AFAIK no system files are affected by the copy action etc, but is this
13 > true?
14 > >
15 > > I have two machines running 2.6.6, a Ultra 1 and a Netra T1.
16 > > Since a while the Ultra 1 has a 100MBit link and transferring quite
17 > large
18 > > amounts of FTP data hasn't crashed the system yet. It runs perfectly.
19 > >
20 > > Anyway, if I can hook up my Netra T1 tonight I will run the crash-me.sh
21 > > file.
22 >
23 > If in doubt about possible filesystem corruption, deactivate swap, make
24 > a filesystem there and do it there. That way it won't matter.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Gustavo Zacarias
28 > Gentoo/SPARC monkey
29 > --
30 > gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list
33 Ok, will try that one. swap is kinda big on the T1 anyway since it only has
34 256MB RAM. I believe I made swap 1GB there.
38 Weitersagen: GMX DSL-Flatrates mit Tempo-Garantie!
39 Ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
40 --
41 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list