From: Alex Buell <alex.buell@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Ultra Enterprise 2 w/ 2GB of RAM
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 08:54:39
1 On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:09:25 +0000, I waved a wand and this message
2 magically appears in front of Ferris McCormick:
3
4 > By the way, as I recall, if the boot PROM can't find CPU0, system will
5 > boot exactly as you are describing. Try swapping the CPUs. That's an
6 > easy test and as a side effect will make sure the CPUs are making good
7 > contact.
8
9 Thank you, that solved it - now I've got the monumental task of
10 upgrading pretty much everything on the box - it hasn't been booted for
11 six months!
12 --
13 http://www.munted.org.uk
14