From: Hamish Greig <hgreig@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Another quiet question
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:47:30
1 Leif Sawyer wrote:
2 > My ECC Ram question went by without so much as a burp on the list, who
3 > knows if this will make any waves, either...
4 >
5 > $ gcc --version
6 > gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 (Gentoo 3.4.6-r2, HTB-3.4.4-1.00, ssp-3.4.6-1.0,
7 > pie-8.7.9)
8 >
9 > $ sudo emerge sys-devel/gcc-3.4.6-r2
10 > [snip]
11
12 I think the reason no-one responds to your posts are because they are
13 not structured in any methodical way. No sequence showing how you've
14 already tried to investigate the problem, just a post asking for an
15 answer, which doesn't get a lot of respect from people who've taken time
16 and effort to learn things already.
17 What more than this dump can you tell us about this error? What have you
18 already done to investigate it? what level of skill do you have in this
19 area? are we expected to fix it for you step by step or to guide you to
20 a resolution?
24 gentoo-sparc@l.g.o mailing list