From: "David F. Newman" <dnewman@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Sparc <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] mirrored root silo problems
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:35:46
1 On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 19:56, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:44:48 -0400
3 > "David F. Newman" <dnewman@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I should point out that I have also tried root=/dev/sda1. Also I do not
6 > > have a separate /boot partition.
7 >
8 > It's been a while since I've played with this, but if I recall correctly,
9 > you will need a partition that isn't part of the raid. In particular, the
10 > second.b file will need to live there as well as your silo.conf as SILO
11 > cannot comprehend RAID setups at that stage of it's loading.
12
13 Bingo. That was it. It took a little while using the liveCD to break
14 the mirrors, repartition, dump/restore, reboot on new partition layout,
15 create new mirrors, reboot on new mirror, hotadd other mirror, but it's
16 working good now. Having non-raided /boot partitions seems less than
17 ideal, but it works and that's all I care about.
18
19 Thanks.
20
21 -Dave