From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Re: [gentoo-dev] Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 23:18:07

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 16:04:41 -0700
"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 10:52:33PM +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote: > > All, > > Any comments or preferences one way or the other? It looks to me > > like we can run both jeeves and Willikins (why the extra "li"? > > "relative of Willi"?), and my inclination is to go ahead. But I'd like > > to hear from anyone who wishes to express an opinion first. > Jeeves IS going away. It used local access (via mysql) for Bugzilla > operations, and had other concerns. > > Your choices are to welcome Willikins (the name is from the butler in > the Terry Pratchett universe), or to run your own bot - since the > sources are now entirely open. There was at least one other person > saying he now understood how to do the Bugzilla stuff after reading what > flameeyes and myself wrote, and that he wanted to implement a Perl > version of the same.
Thanks for the clarification on both points. And here, I like the Discworld books quite a lot (just finished "Going Postal" a few weeks ago in fact), and I didn't realize that jeeves was disappearing. Perhaps the rest of our isolated sparc community didn't either, or perhaps I'm the last to find these things out again. I'll give sparc a little time to express themselves, but I'm pretty sure we'll be adding #gentoo-sparc to the Willikins list.