From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: Eduardo Duenez <eduenez@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] wired kbd problem on ultra 5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:36:50
1 Eduardo Duenez wrote:
2
3 > Actually I had a similar problem with an Ultra 10 a few weeks ago
4 > (except only the lowercase "b" was the problem) and I posted to this
5 > forum (do a search). Unfortunately, I know of no solution (though I
6 > don't really use the GUI very much at all).
7
8 Do you mean your 'b' doesn't work on Xorg but works on console / fbconsole?
11 > Eduardo
12 >
13 > Zhang Weiwu wrote:
14 >
15 >> Okay, I already spend 2 hours on this tiny problem. A wast of time. I
16 >> could not manage to get the keyboard (comes with Ultra5) working
17 >> correctly on Xorg.
18 >>
19 >> The closest configuration to working is (from /etc/X11/xorg.conf)
20 >> Section "InputDevice"
21 >> Identifier "Keyboard0"
22 >> Option "XkbModel" "sun"
23 >> Option "XkbRules" "sun"
24 >> Option "XkbLayout" "sun/us"
25 >> Driver "kbd"
26 >> EndSection
27 >>
28 >> In this configuration, these keys does not work:
29 >> j,k,l,;,',z,x,c,v,b,n,m,,,.,/
30 >> (separate by comma)
31 >> Also Enter and Shifts does not work (pressed is like not pressed,
32 >> nothing happens)
33 >>
34 >> The other keys are working. However, on console all the keys are
35 >> working correctly.
36 >>
37 >> I googled around without luck: people never mention this kind of
38 >> problem that keyboard works partially. Anyone give me a hint?
39 >>
40 >> --
41 >> gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list
48 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list