From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: eradicator@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] ALSA support on sparc
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:03:02
Jeremy Huddleston writes:
> Ok, you said this was a u2, right? So I assume you have SMP enabled, > and that causes lockups on all 2.6.x kernels. If you don't have SMP > enabled, please let me know as I've been unable to lockup 2.6.7-r17 or > 2.6.8-r11 (not sure if dsd put it in portage yet, but it should be > marked -sparc when he does for testing) on my u10.
> So this is more of a qualitative thing, but was it "easier" to lockup > 2.6.7 than it was to lockup 2.6.6? That's what I've been hearing, but > I'd like a side-by-side comparison...
when running my stress-test on vanilla 2.6.6, the OOM-killer starts killing things off 'correctly' and it doesn't seem to crash -- at least I haven't run it into the ground yet. I suppose I can try again. gds-2.6.7-r16 dies abruptly without ever calling the OOM-killer.
> If that's the case, would you be willing to test out 2.6.7-rc1 and > 2.6.7-rc2 and help narrow down when the lockup was introduced...
I assume you're speaking of the vanilla sources? I'll download and compile them....

File name MIME type
smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature