From: Jason Williams <jason.b.williams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] xorg device problems
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:58:05
1 Thank you for taking interst and sorry for not responding sooner. I've
2 been really busy lately, so getting xinerama working dropped in
3 priority a bit.
4
5 The answer to the kernel issue is not really. Last year I was using
6 the development-sources kernel (at the time 2.6.6). Since then,
7 development-sources died, so I got someone to send me a 2.6.6 kernel
8 tree tarball from that time period. I've since compiled that and been
9 using it. It works alright except that it will only last a few weeks
10 at a time before locking up (I'm assuming there's a memory leak
11 somewhere); I didn't have that problem last year but oh well; it
12 doesn't hae anything to do with this.
13
14 as far as the interesting tests, I did all of those already, but I'll
15 try again to reveal the log output.
16 commenting out the SBUS lines gives:
17
18 (EE) Screen Screen1 doesn't exist: deleting placement
19 Using vt 7
20 (WW) SUNFFB: More than one matching Device section found: Card0
21 (WW) SUNFFB: More than one matching Device section found: Card0
22
23 giving both SBUS lines fb0 gives:
24
25 (EE) Screen Screen1 doesn't exist: deleting placement
26 Using vt 7
27 (WW) SUNFFB: More than one matching Device section for instance
28 (BusID: Card0) found: SBUS:fb0
29 (WW) SUNFFB: No matching Device section for instance (BusID
30 SBUS:/SUNW,ffb@1d,0) found
31
32 So yeah, neither worked. However, udev is seeing both of these devices
33 as it's generating them in /dev and /sys ... Therefore, I assume it
34 has to be something to do with xorg.
35
36 jbw
37