From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o, "王 宇翔" <spacenet@×××××××.cn>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] stupid! I booked an U2 box only to find my monitor won't plug-in
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:28:05
1 freshy98 wrote:
2
3 >Try looking for a 13W3 > VGA (DB15) converter.
4 >Also, the monitor must support Sync-On-Green!
5 >
6 >good luck.
9 I am feeling stupid again. I do not know about Sync-On-Green and didn't
10 find it on my monitor handbook. I have a typical ViewSonic LCD, is it
11 likely Sync-On-Green-able?
16 >>After borrowed lots of wisdom from this list, I decide to buy an U2 box
17 >>as desktop, and it is on its way right now.
18 >>
19 >>Then, I suddenly (why no one suggested?) found this box will not have
20 >>usual 15-pin monitor connector. It is using 'UPA', so I won't have a
21 >>monitor that I could plug in.
22 >>
23 >>I did some search 'UPA converter' with only un-related results. (I don't
24 >>know the name of usual PC 15-pin connector.) Do I have to buy a sun
25 >>monitor to make it work?
29 >>--
30 >>gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list
40 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list