From: "Mitchell
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] how to figure out what an ultrasparc clone is, exactly, before boot (ie by name, pictures, model #, etc)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:06:34
1 Well, I don't know about Sparc clones, but a real Sparc defaults to putting the console on the first serial port if it doesn't detect a keyboard. So, hook up a null modem cable to some other machine, connect a terminal program to it at 9600 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, then power up the clone without a keyboard. I would expect to see a banner saying what kind of cpu/memory at least, but again that's with a real sparc. Your milage may vary...
2
3 Ralph Mitchell
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: nick thompson [mailto:nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com]
8 Sent: Thu 7/27/2006 9:52 PM
9 To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
10 Subject: [gentoo-sparc] how to figure out what an ultrasparc clone is, exactly, before boot (ie by name, pictures, model #, etc)
11
12 Hello all,
13 I have recently gotten an ultrasparc clone and I want to identify it, I
14 didn't manage to get much info from the guy who gave it to me, and he
15 took the drive out too, company data and all. :) Anyway, I will buy a
16 new scsi drive but I need to figure out what this thing is, mostly to
17 satisfy my curiosity, and also to prepare to install upon it. Anyway,
18 are there any sites that specialize in identifying info on ultrasparc
19 clones? It has a vga frame buffer in it but, it doesn't product anything
20 on my monitor. It was good working when he powered it down, and took out
21 the drive. Anyway, any ideas?
22
23 Nick
24