From: Jim Watson <jim@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] GWN "Want ad" for sparc architecture testers
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:52:08
Alex Buell wrote:
> Yes, I would be very much interested in testing and reporting problems > with OpenOffice builds. That and the lack of a suitable Java VM on that > platform is one of my biggest annoyances with the UltraSparc platforms. >
There is information about testing here: If a problem is found, the first step is to decide if it is "upstream" or is it a problem for the distribution. The best way to know this is to try and reproduce a problem in the upstream build. Google for "contrib/linuxsparc" for the upstream sparc binaries. It is also needed to find if a problem is sparc related - test on different platforms. I can help you with that. There are currently not any bugs upstream that are specific to sparc. I am not a gentoo user, but doing the upstream OOo port for sparc jim -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] GWN "Want ad" for sparc architecture testers Alex Buell <alex.buell@××××××××××.uk>