From: Hamish Greig <hgreig@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Help with Gentoo on E4500
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:03:13
On Wednesday 23 August 2006 21:53, Ronald Vazquez wrote:
> Checking root filesystem ...fsck.ext3: Invalid argument while trying > to open /dev/md0 > /dev/md0: > The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 > filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 > filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock > is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock: >     e2fsck -b 8193 <device> > > >  * Filesystem couldn't be fixed :(
apologies for multiple posting, I didn't actually address your primary concern, just skipped over it and went to what caused the problem. ext3 is an addition to ext2. ext3 is backwards compatible with ext2, you can overlook what fsck says, don't take it literally, it is just saying it can't find an ext* filesystem at all regardless of which version of ext* it tries. Hamish -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list