From: "Fabian Hänsel" <fabtagon@×××.de>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] USB keyboard and mouse doesn't work?
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:11:38
1 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Do people on this list use 2.6 kernel? I currently have two problems
4 > related to kernel that made me wish to try 2.6
5 >
6 > I. the RAID bus controller "VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6421 IDE
7 > RAID Controller" do not work even if all IDE controller drivers are
8 > compiled as module on 2.4.32-sparc-r2 sparc-sources kernel. I
9 > hope by installing new kernel there will be better driver
10 > support and thus is looking forward to install new kernel
11
12 Wild guess: Do you want to boot from the disk connected to that
13 controller? In this case you had to compile the driver not as a module
14 but as a compiled-in-driver (because without the driver the kernel
15 cannot access the module on the raid).
16
17 Greetings
18 Fabian
19 --