From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Sparc List <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Sendmail AUTH breaks with cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-r2
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:49:10
1 On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Paul Heinlein wrote:
2
3 > I emerged cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-r2 this morning per GLSA 200410-05.
4 > Sendmail no longer advertises or accepts any AUTH mechanisms. It had
5 > been working just fine under 2.1.14, but now I can't re-emerge
6 > 2.1.14 because the build process exits with a compiler error.
7
8 More info: Since I'm using only LOGIN and PLAIN authentication
9 mechanisms, I had to get a STARTTLS connection before sendmail
10 advertised AUTH. So that part of my message was pilot error.
11
12 Still, AUTH was broken.
13
14 So I ran sendmail under strace and noticed that it's now looking for
15 Sendmail.conf in /etc/sasl2 instead of /usr/lib/sasl2. I copied it to
16 its new location, restarted sendmail, and now all is well.
17
18 I went spelunking through /usr/portage/dev-libs/cyrus-sasl, but the
19 exact genesis of this change is eluding me. Clues, anyone?
20
21 -- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
24 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list