From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Argh... ultra-2 crashing on high-disk
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 02:23:56
I'm seeing crashes on high-disk utilization between 2.6.12 and 2.6.17-r7

Tried to re-sync my portage tree since I'm about 6months out-of-date, and
it keeps killing my box.  (I apparantly got sync'd enough to get 2.6.17-r7)

no serial console messages, no syslog, nothing. Just hard lock-up.
power-off, power-on, hope that the mirror survives..

tried everything 'niced 19` and it's still dying.

Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC-II 296MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.25, 2048 MB memory installed, Serial #xxxxxxx.

Sigh, and I won't be around to respond till Tuesday, what with the holiday
weekend and this being the work account.

File name MIME type
smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature