From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>, systemd <systemd@g.o>, gentoo-systemd <gentoo-systemd@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-systemd] How to handle systemd stable branch?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 03:45:53
1 On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dnia 2014-02-28, o godz. 23:21:33
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> I didn't notice the presence of:
6 >> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd-stable/
7 >>
8 >> Until now, looks like it's "official" per:
9 >> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Backports/
10 >>
11 >> How should we "package" it? cgit provides tarballs at:
12 >> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd-stable/commit/?id=255eb046a7bcb90e60a3a54302bc1250c1aed26a
13 >>
14 >> For example:
15 >> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd-stable/snapshot/systemd-stable-255eb046a7bcb90e60a3a54302bc1250c1aed26a.tar.gz
16 >>
17 >> How would you like to prepare that tarballs? How often?
18 >
19 > Hmm, I wonder if it'd be better to prep tarballs or just grab patchsets
20 > off that repo.
21 >
22 > Though creating tarballs ourselves (via make dist-xz) would allow us to
23 > avoid autoreconf.
26 I definitely prefer not having to autoreconf. Applying patches is
27 certainly not a horrible thing either, but I don't see any advantage
28 to doing it that way.
29
30 As for timing: once every month or two seems like a good frequency,
31 assuming nothing critical pops up. If someone can follow the commits
32 closely enough, that can be fine-tuned down to the as-needed schedule
33 that Greg suggests.