From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: systemd <systemd@g.o>, gentoo-systemd <gentoo-systemd@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-systemd] How to handle systemd stable branch?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 23:21:39
1 El vie, 28-02-2014 a las 23:36 +0100, Michał Górny escribió:
2 > Dnia 2014-02-28, o godz. 23:21:33
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 > > I didn't notice the presence of:
6 > > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd-stable/
7 > >
8 > > Until now, looks like it's "official" per:
9 > > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Backports/
10 > >
11 > > How should we "package" it? cgit provides tarballs at:
12 > > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd-stable/commit/?id=255eb046a7bcb90e60a3a54302bc1250c1aed26a
13 > >
14 > > For example:
15 > > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd-stable/snapshot/systemd-stable-255eb046a7bcb90e60a3a54302bc1250c1aed26a.tar.gz
16 > >
17 > > How would you like to prepare that tarballs? How often?
18 >
19 > Hmm, I wonder if it'd be better to prep tarballs or just grab patchsets
20 > off that repo.
21 >
22 > Though creating tarballs ourselves (via make dist-xz) would allow us to
23 > avoid autoreconf.
26 Umm, we sometimes do that (make dist-xz and a 209_pre$date) on gnome one
27 patchsets become so large. Our tarballs would have the advantage of
28 avoid running autoreconf indeed and also will let us to use XZ instead
29 of gzip (the one provided by cgit) :/