From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] legal agreement
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:01:50
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2
3 >On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 01:00:51PM -0400 or thereabouts, John Davis wrote:
6 >>The link is:
7 >>[Redacted]
11 >The contract looks fairly standard -- I don't have any issues with it
12 >myself.
13 >
14 >The only thing to be aware of is the fact that they are asking/expecting us
15 >to pay any legal fees they incur on our behalf. This is standard and
16 >reasonable, but it will be our job to make sure we know about these fees
17 >ahead of time. These fees can often reach into the hundreds of dollars,
18 >even for day-to-day legal stuff. Depending on how anal retentive their
19 >firm is about recouping expenses, we can be charged for long distance phone
20 >calls they make on our behalf, photocopies, overnight shipping charges,
21 >etc. Those can quickly add up.
22 >
23 >Just a heads up so we're all aware of it.
24 >
25 >--kurt
28 This is great, thanks zhen. The form also looks fairly standard to me,
29 as Paul already said it wasn't clear whether you are entering into the
30 contract or the Gentoo Foundation is.
31
32 Do we have a definitive list of stuff we need [Redacted] to council us
33 on after this is done? It'd be nice to get a list that contains
34 everything we've been talking about to keep [Redacted] work as easy as
35 possible rather than us coming up with something new every week and
36 causing [Redacted] unnecessary grief.
37
38 Joshua
41 gentoo-trustees@g.o mailing list