From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-trustees] Re: Request for funds
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:26:39
1 On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 03:16:40AM +0000, Corey Shields wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 21 September 2005 03:04 am, you wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Could you explain why this wouldn't look good to the IRS?
5 >
6 > My fear is that the moment we start to help a dev in need, there will be devs
7 > in need all over. What, then, becomes the criteria for selecting Dev A but
8 > rejecting Dev B? If that becomes sketchy then the complaint could be made
9 > (to the IRS) that the Gentoo Foundation is no longer operating in the public
10 > interest.
11 >
12 > -C
15 I was not referring to power bills and such. I was actually thinking of
16 burnt harddrives, cpus, memory sticks etc. Such things can be purchased
17 and sent (and thus moneys tracked). In other words, my statement was
18 about things rather than cash. Having said that, it is entirely
19 possible that it would be a slippery slope with a lot of devs suddenly
20 in need, but I tend to think people are basically good and that that
21 won't happen.
22
23 Seemant
24 --