From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o, klieber@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-trustees] Cvs server RAM?
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:59:39
1 I believe I have that exact RAM on hand already. Since the Itanium 2 box
2 came with a whopping 10GB of RAM, I removed the original 1GB from the AMD64
3 box (2 x 512MB DDR266 or 333 Registered if I remember correctly) and put 4GB
4 from the Itanium 2 in it, leaving the I2 with 6GB.
5
6 Please let me know if there are any other things that infrastructure needs.
7
8 Regards,
9
10 Daniel
11
12 > -----Original Message-----
13 > From: Kurt Lieber [mailto:klieber@g.o]
14 > Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 5:58 PM
15 > To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
16 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] Cvs server RAM?
17 >
18 > Daniel Robbins said:
19 > > The Gentoo Store can purchase 1GB of RAM for the CVS
20 > server. Just let
21 > > me know what RAM to purchase and where to have it shipped. I'll
22 > > probably order from newegg or crucial if that works with everyone.
23 >
24 > That's great! The box takes DDR266 ECC RAM, but it supports
25 > both registered and unregistered and I'm not sure what's in
26 > there currently.
27 > I'm also not sure how many slots are open -- I'm assuming two.
28 >
29 > I've asked Scott to pull the case on Monday, so we'll get a
30 > definitive answer then. I'll post the results to the list.
31 >
32 > --kurt
33 >
34 > --