From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] Legal advice
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:51:50
1 On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:40:22AM -0600 or thereabouts, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > Since our agreement was for the NFP to apply for federal trade association
3 > (not charity) status, exploring the possibility of c3 status constitutes a
4 > significant change of our agreed-upon plan.
5
6 Daniel --
7
8 Could you please elaborate on how a switch from seeking c6 to c3 status
9 would have any direct impact on you? You would still be able to run the
10 store and would still have a license to use the name/logo. I don't see any
11 material impact on you, your family or your ability to make a living for
12 them.
13
14 Could you also clarify exactly what you would expect to "tweak" if we did
15 decide that seeking a c3 status was in the best interest of the Gentoo
16 community?
17
18 --kurt