From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] last minute meeting points
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:46:59
1 On Wednesday 06 October 2004 15:43, John Davis wrote:
2 > Hi all -
3 > [Redacted] has mailed me some questions that [Redacted] needs to know the answers
4 > to before the meeting on Friday. I can handle most of them, but there
5 > are a couple that I am not sure about:
6 >
7 > "Is the foundation currently incorporated, and if so, what is its
8 > corporate structure?
9 > If it's not incoporated, is there any particular state where most of
10 > the members or trustees are located? Would people be adverse to doing
11 > it in Delaware?"
12 >
13 > I think that the answer is no, but I am not sure. I know that the
14 > Foundation is registered in NM, but I do not know if it is
15 > incorporated. As for Delaware, I am sure that [Redacted] will let us know
16 > about that during the meeting.
17
18 Delaware and NM are both far away for me, I don't care either way.
21 > "And regarding the copyright assignment, are you happy with your
22 > current policy of only having some parties sign or are you looking for
23 > us to make suggestions e.g. re: a clickwrap assignment or something
24 > along those lines?"
25 >
26 > What is the general consensus on this one?
27
28 For me, I would want to know how the legal points of it are. I would like
29 to be able to control the copyright (as foundation) with the least effort
30 possible, from us, and from contributors.
31
32 Paul
33
34 ps. I will probably not be there (time is problematic), so could someone
35 make a recording or transcript of the meeting.
36
37 pps. For a clickwrap (if that is legal enough), we could make that a
38 requirement for getting a bugzilla account and fix some transition in the
39 current accounts.
43 Paul de Vrieze
44 Gentoo Developer
45 Mail: pauldv@g.o