From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] Positions & 2 nominations..
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 01:16:22
1 thread ping...
2
3 On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 08:55 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
4 > On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 02:33:39PM -0700, Corey Shields wrote:
5 > > With that in mind, I would like to nominate Grant for the position of
6 > > President. He has done a lot over the past year to hold the Board together,
7 > > and has fulfilled many of the responsabilities of a president without the
8 > > official title.
9 >
10 > I personally hope that Grant accepts this nomination. I too would like to
11 > see him at this position.
12 >
13 > > So, there are a couple of questions that we need to answer as we go: 1) how
14 > > do we want to go about assigning these positions (procedure?), and 2) what
15 > > specific responsabilities will lie with each?
16 >
17 > On the procedure, I belief that we can manage with nominations and positions
18 > using small discussions. No need for a voting procedure unless we cannot
19 > agree unanimously.
20 >
21 > Aren't the responsibilities for each position, in effect, described in the
22 > proposed set of Bylaws you can find at http://foundation.gentoo.org ? Of
23 > course, changes can still go into it but it's a nice start.
24 >
25 > Wkr,
26 > Sven Vermeulen
30 gentoo-trustees@g.o mailing list