From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] copyright transfer agreement
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:29:55
1 On Tuesday 12 April 2005 22:20, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Deedra Waters wrote: [Tue Apr 12 2005, 02:57:27PM CDT]
3 >
4 > > hrm, I'm probably going to upset daniel with this one, but this isn't my
5 > > intention...
6 > >
7 > > I don't think that he should have perminant use of drobbins@g.o,
8 > > I can see it while he's still using the store, but once the use of the
9 > > store is done with, there's no reason for him to keep it.
10 >
11 > I think there may be two different aspects of this issue. One is
12 > drobbins using the drobbins@g.o address for new e-mails, which
13 > implicitly suggests that he is representing Gentoo. Given that we
14 > control www.g.o, the forums, and the mailing lists, I personally believe
15 > that we should be able to counter any confusion that might arise, but I
16 > understand that some will disagree with me on principle. The other
17 > issue is Daniel receiving mail that goes to drobbins@g.o. That
18 > e-mail address is plastered all over the internet (especially in his
19 > Intel and IBM articles, not just associated with Gentoo proper), so I
20 > can certainly understand drobbins' desire to receive mail at that
21 > address. Is there a reasonable compromise that may be reached (assuming
22 > that one is needed)?
23
24 What about an abuse termination clause, that states that if he uses the
25 address to act as a gentoo developer/against the interests of the foundation
26 while in fact not being a member (he might rejoin) his right to use the email
27 address is lost (possibly after X warnings)
28
29 Paul
32 Paul de Vrieze
33 Gentoo Developer