From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-trustees] Re: [gentoo-core] Upcoming elections
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:28:11
1 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2
3 > It shouldn't do. It's a common enough model, one used by many
4 > professional and trade organisations.
7 Sure. But we're doing this with volunteers, some of which we can't seem
8 to get to speak up as it is, I'd hate to imagine the added task of
9 tracking varying membership levels.. :P
10
11 > Buying a membership has a different slant to it. Companies do it all
12 > the time. It'd be even better if we could offer some form of
13 > subscription, but right now I can't think of what we could offer in that
14 > way.
17 It could remain an option for the future. But as Grant already pointed
18 out, it was in the first proposed set of bylaws and was highly criticized.
19
20 > I must have missed that. I would have sworn that this thread was about
21 > who could apply for membership, rather than where to go and what to fill
22 > out :P
25 Sorry, figuring out who could apply for membership is a prerequisite to
26 opening up for membership applications. :)
27
28 Cheers,
29
30 -C
33 Corey Shields
34 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
35 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
36 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields
39 gentoo-trustees@g.o mailing list